Although I was a bit apprehensive at first, this Nasya Oil has been such a great help during the winter months. Chicago can be very dry and cold, and our home is quite dry in the winter, and this Nasya oil has significantly reduced dryness and nose bleeding for both me and my husband. I love the scent, and it does not affect my allergies at all. If anything, it helps me out with them too!
(prah-nuh) Refined aspect of life-force energy; also the channels for breath within the body.
(nahs-yuh) An age-old ayurvedic practice of oiling the nostrils.
Element’s Prana Nasya Oil is enriched with 3 herbs to benefit the mind, nervous system, and breathing passages along with a delightful blend of essential oils to please the senses.
While Nasya Oil is considered a traditional Ayurvedic remedy for dry nostrils, congested sinuses, nervous tension, & headache, it’s not simply something to use when you’re not feeling well — it is a rich daily practice that offers cumulative benefits to your mind, nervous system, immunity, and sense perception.
How to Use
- Massage 3-5 drops of nasya oil in each nostril 1-3 times daily. You may use a fingertip to massage the oil into the nostril or drop the oil with the head tilted back.
- Best times of day are early morning, mid-afternoon (if needed), and before bed.
- Nasya is also useful applied before pranayama, meditation, or yoga nidra practices.
- If congested or blocked, cleanse the nostrils and sinuses with Steam Clarifying Herbs, warm water face massage, or neti pot (wait 30-60 minutes after neti to ensure full water evacuation from the sinuses).
- Calamus Root is known to act as a mild decongestant and bronchodilator, helping to clear the breathing passages. Unlike some decongestants or nasal sprays, Nasya Oil will not dry out the mucous membranes as the oil nourishes the tissue.
- Brahmi & Shankha Pushpi have an affinity for the brain and nervous system, imparting clarity and calm. Delivering this herbal infused oil through the sinus passages is an ideal way to benefit from their healing gifts.
- Rosemary offers subtle stimulating action, which may aid in concentration and focus for the mind.
Oils*: Sesame, Sunflower / Herbs*: Brahmi, Shankha Pushpi, Calamus Root / EO: Eucalyptus*, Coriander CO2, Sandalwood, Rosemary
Traditional Ayurvedic Process
We make our own herbal infused oil by way of ancient ayurvedic tradition to ensure you receive the benefits of these potent herbs. Read more about it in our blog post.
If your loved one or yourself snore and you would like a quieter night's sleep, I have found this to be an amazing solution. If it doesn't completely stop the snoring, I have noticed it makes it much more tolerable!
Officially obsessed with this Nasya oil! I love the scent and the immediate soothing feeling after massaging in and around my nose.
I prefer the special edition vata-reducing nasya oil, but this is a great option. Lovely.